Tuesday

The Other War, Left vs. Right

I am sure that my fellow progressive bloggers and contributors to the popular Op-Ed News website are, like myself, no strangers to regular hate mail from those who continue to believe that their beloved Bush and company are acting out of a genuine concern for America and its citizenry. I do not usually respond to hate mail nor do routinely share these on the blog but the one I received on 9/11 was so particularly fascist in nature that I find it an excellent example of the “other” terrorist threat our nation faces.

The threat I am speaking of originates from within our own borders and emanates from those who cannot tolerate dissent, critique and truth telling about their self-serving government, those individuals who believe that American Terrorism is justifiable because it is American. As you will see in the e-mail below, this person is an advocate of secret prisons, NSA wiretapping and is apparently not in control of which sites they visit, instead “misfortune” seems to be guiding their mouse and clicking links for them.

I wish to respond to EH Lake publicly and I have provided the e-mail address of this person below if anyone else would care express yourself as well.

First of all, let me begin by making what I will readily admit is only an assumption. I do not believe that you have a magic mouse that guides you into the "misfortune" of the progressive blogosphere against your will. I do believe that you and persons like yourself troll these sites and take a particularly sick pleasure in authoring hate mail to those who do not agree with your fascist approach to foreign policy.

Secondly, I hold no illusions of ever persuading a person of your obvious mindset that our nation does not, in fact, operate in a vacuum and our actions as a nation have not always been based on the noble ideals espoused as cover. The arguments made from the right wing are based in a belief system that refuses to look behind the curtain. If it does not fit the no-fault clause it is rejected out of hand and branded treasonous and perhaps the saddest thing about it is that this blind spot twist of fact and logic, is glaringly apparent to those who have a willingness to seek the truth no matter what the outcome may be. I would love to be able to trust our government too, but the objective facts and evidence do not warrant that trust.

What I can state, unequivocally, is that the tools of fascism you champion will never secure our nation from threats. We allow the use of these methods at our own peril. Surveiling the citizenry, secret prisons and torture are the tools of our own destruction, it may start with me and you may stand and cheer loud and long, but it will not end with me. The fatal mistake you make is to believe that those who use these weapons against humanity will not turn them upon you as well. Perhaps you would like to believe your support garners you a modicum of safety from your master. In that belief, you seriously deluded. There is no honor among tyrants, especially those who seek to violate the very sanctity of our freedoms, whatever flag of righteousness they may wrap themselves in.

I will leave you with this quote from a great man of peace. A man from whom you could learn a great deal, but I think it more likely you think him a fool:

There are times when you have to obey a call which is the highest of all, i.e. the voice of conscience even though such obedience may cost many a bitter tear, and even more, separation from friends, from family, from the state to which you may belong, from all that you have held as dear as life itself. For this obedience is the law of our being.

M. Ghandi

This is the side I stand on. You will never convince me to move toward the darkness you wish to dwell in and openly promote. You will never convince me to swallow that which my own heart tells me is a lie. Not you or anyone else will ever hold that power over me.

May you someday find the courage to move beyond the fear and hatred that blinds you to our common humanity.

The e-mail in its original formatting:

i had the misfortune on this day of historic significance to enter the seldom visited cyber-asylum of the hard-left, aka, "progressive" crazies, opednews and the peacetree blog.

with all the stench of a rotting corpse, resurrected from the graveyard of the "cold war" are the resurgent fellow travelers, useful idiots and fifth columnists defaming with puerile hatred the one person preventing the throat-slitters from taking a knife to your lesbo ass - thanks to the nsa surveillance and cia prisons.

i can see ya now, smirking in you haughty indifference and pseudo-mysticism, not cognitive of the evil which you willingly embrace.

denying the inescapable fact that the deaths of hundreds of millions in the late 20th century resulted directly from the political delusions now espoused.

E-Mail EHLake

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails