Saturday

Sunday Poetry Series: Breathing Room

The selection this week comes from Liz Strauss, Peace Tree Contributing poet and without a doubt one of my favorite writers. If you have not done so, I highly recommend you follow the link at the end of this post to her blog for a unique, fresh and beautiful perspective on life. I found a special gift that was much needed in this piece and I hope that you will too.

and now...

Breathing Room

Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe.

I need to find more ways just to be.

Not a philosophical search for existence, “to be or not to be,” but ways to set down my cares and breathe in a bit of life.

My soul needs airing out now and then to fill itself up again. Unlike my body, it can’t get by on peanut butter sandwiches and milk. It needs trees, flowers, and the night sky, especially the night sky—stars to wish upon and space to let my mind wander aimlessly.

When I give my soul a little breathing room . . .
everyone I know gets nicer.


Liz Strauss Poetry and Writing

Liz Strauss Business Blogging

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails