Thursday

Happy Holidays From The Peace Tree

Its beginning to feel like the Holidays.

As some of you know, besides scratching out a few thoughts now and again on this little blog, I also work as an Ophthalmic Tech/Surgical Assistant a few days a week. Most of our patients are older and I do love working with them. It’s officially the Holidays when they come in for their appointments with plates wrapped in aluminum foil and a heartfelt hug of thanks for the care we have given them throughout the year. There is just something about a fudge assortment made by the hands of a 94 year old Grandma that just cannot be duplicated for retail consumption. As if that were not enough to get me into the Holiday spirit, the snow started falling on the mountain this afternoon.

So, this seemed like the perfect time to extend my heartfelt thanks and best wishes to all of my blog friends and supporters.

There are a few of you that I would like to send out special thanks and greetings to for all the wonderful gifts you have given me throughout the past year.

Wil,
Thanks for reminding me that there is value in speaking to those who are at times hostile. The gift you gave was the insight that sometimes in composing a response one is gaining an opportunity for new insight for the self as much as making an argument. Right you are. Much love to you and yours this Holiday Season.

Red Hog,
The gift of your strong, warm and caring Soul through the contribution of your words to this blog are a source of inspiration for me and enrich these pages for all who visit. Give She who must be obeyed a big hug for me and tell your kids I think they have the greatest Dad in the world.

Lori,
Your intelligent, charming and bold sense of humor over at Hahn at Home has really brightened my world and reminded me in the most delightful way that great martinis do still in fact exist…I had forgotten that. Bless you. I am also very thankful for your thoughtful and moving contributions here at The Tree on the more serious matters of our time as well. Peace and warmest regards to you and your kids.

Brother Tim,
Thanks for being such a great friend of the Tree. I sure appreciate your comments and I hope you will consider posting more of your work here in the coming year. The voice you bring forth as a Christian does your faith proud and will continue to be proudly displayed here as an example of honoring the true spirit of Christ. Merry Christmas! Peace and blessings to you and yours.

Bill,
May you continue your journey with ever increasing strength and strides. I have so enjoyed the opportunity to assist you in starting a blog of your own for that amazing body of work you have created. I am looking forward to wrapping my mind around the next level. Peace and Joy to you and your girls.

Tina Louise,
May your Holidays across the ocean be as beautiful as your poetry. Thank you so much for allowing me to draw upon your vast collection of outstanding work over the past year. Happy Holidays, Tina!

Liz,
I wish you much success with your goals for the coming year. May it bring you all the peace you so deserve.

And of course, thepoetryman
Your classic style and blistering imagery is beyond compare. Thank you so much for allowing me to feature your poems here. May we all see the end of war and the blessings of peace.

I will be out of town this weekend enjoying the warm hospitality of an old friend and making some new ones on the North Carolina side of the mountain. See you all on Sunday with another great poem from thepoetryman.

My warmest regards to you all.

You are loved and appreciated here at The Tree and also in my heart.

Happy Holidays!

and
Peace y'all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails