Thursday

GLBT Organizations

I wrote this post January 2 and though Rick Warren was already old news by then, I wrote the post anyway because I was inspired to explain why I sent money to The Human Rights Campaign.

I've since considered seriously the comments of a couple of bloggers who brought to my attention that HRC has largely turned its back on the T in GLBT - trans-gender people. I didn't know this and learning of it was a huge dissapointment.

Still, I believe that HRC is a hard-working, well-run organization that has done a lot for marriage equality. I'm not sorry I sent them my twenty bucks for that reason.

Following are a couple of links to organizations that were recommended to me in the comments of that thread.

Pride @ Work (a GLBT labor organization)

National Gay and Lesbian Task Force


Happy new year to everyone at the Peace Tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails