Too bad what you want does not seem to make a damn bit of difference in this American democracy.
How to completely disregard the will of the people in an election (when it suits you).
- Patricia Todd won the Democratic Primary for a seat in the Alabama House of Representatives, District 54,
by 59 votes. Birmingham
- Todd is the associated director of AIDS Alabama, a social service and AIDS education agency.
- Party committee overturns the peoples choice by a 5-0 vote
- She would have become the first openly gay elected official in the state's history.
- The committee disqualified Todd and her opponent, Gaynell Hendricks, because they had not filed a required campaign finance report on time.
Well, clearly they must not be Lesbian candidates and therefore may bypass the rules without fear of disqualification. Looks like this one may have been held in reserve for just such an occasion.
Will the folks in
Get involved at: Patricia Todd.net
Source and image:
The Raw Story