Monday

Has CENTCOM Visited Your Blog Yet?


I wondered about those hits to my blog last month. Visits from CENTCOM. I admit that for a brief moment I wanted to believe that maybe some folks there might be interested in a more peaceful and sane world but then I though it more likely I had just been visited by Big Brother. Apparently I was right.

I did not get the memo (e-mail actually) so, perhaps the folks at CENTCOM found my site to meet their ideal for the fashionably patriotic, new world order, stay in lockstep blogger.

Stop laughing. Go on, I was kidding. The database has probably just not gotten around to spitting mine out yet.

I know you righties out there are going to read this and say something like "You're glad their watching the liberal peacenik blogger apologists" but let me remind you, its a very, very short step from me to you and you may find there are lots of reasons for the taking of it that do not have one, single, solitary thing to do with your being on their side right now.

You may never question your own alligence to the agenda but it is becoming increasingly apparent that you can't be quiet sure about theirs. The difference between certain and maybe not applicable to you could change your life in ways you never imagined possible.

CENTCOM is visiting my blog. Earth to Major Tom. We got issues here.

I predict there will come a day when the oh, so right will be embarrased to show thier faces to anyone who was willing to stand up and oppose it now. I won't hold it against you, but not everyone may be so inclined. The meek shall inherit the earth, did you think that was just bullshit or what?

The Raw Story has once again presented the reality of our world, not the official version of that reality.

Raw obtains CENTCOM email to bloggers

RAW STORY
Published: Monday October 16, 2006

An email sent by United States Central Command (CENTCOM) to bloggers about the "global war on terror" (GWOT) has been obtained by RAW STORY.

CENTCOM announced earlier this year that a team of employees would be "[engaging] bloggers who are posting inaccurate or untrue information, as well as bloggers who are posting incomplete information."

The email was not addressed to RAW STORY.

"The main interest is to drive their readers to our site," Maj. Richard J. McNorton, chief of CENTCOM "engagement operations" said in a March release.

In the same announcement, McNorton said that the emails have a "viral effect," as many bloggers then link to the CENTCOM website, driving Internet news consumers to CENTCOM's Web site.

"Now [online readers] have the opportunity to read positive stories. At least the public can go there and see the whole story," he insisted. "The public wants to hear these good stories."

The email, in its entirety, follows:

Subject: CENTCOM.mil: Just visited your site Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:36:07 -0400 From: "Erickson, Christopher J. SPC USA" [redacted by RAW STORY] To: [redacted by RAW STORY]

Greetings!

My name is SPC Chris Erickson with U.S. Central Command Public Affairs. I came across your blog today and noticed your interest in different topics, particularly on the GWOT.

As a member of the US military, I like seeing open discussions on the happenings of the world, although many times I'm not able to get involved (especially if it gets political). I would like to invite you to check out our web site, www.centcom.mil. It's one more resource for information and you are free to use any of it (video, audio, photos and articles) in conversations on your blog.

Also, if you would like, you can be added to our mailing list. We send out news stories and press releases about US military and coalition forces operations, humanitarian and reconstruction efforts. This information is also available via RSS on our site. Most of the time we can get CENTCOM information out to bloggers before it appears in the main stream media.

I appreciate your time today and I do look forward to hearing back from you.

V/R
Spc. Chris Erickson Electronic Media Engagement Team U.S. Central Command Public

_________________________

Chris "just came across" this blog and noticed the blogger has an interest in the global war on terror?

CENTCON can get me...Joe blogger the latest official propaganda before it even hits the main stream news propoganda machine...wow. Joe blogger on the official front lines of the GWOT.

Imagine the possibilities.

Peace y'all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails