Wednesday

If You Sell Your Principles To Retain Power.....

Greetings All,

Today we feature another guest post from Peace Tree contributing author, Chris Wilcox. He can also be found at his home blog, Red Hog Diary

If You Sell Your Principles To Retain Power Does That Make You A Whore?

An 80-year-old man goes for a physical. All of his tests come back with normal results. The doctor says, "Roger, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and emotionally? Are you at peace with God?" Roger replies, "God and I are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so he's fixed it so when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom; poof.... the light goes on. When I'm done, poof....the light goes off." "Wow, that's incredible," the doctor says.

A little later in the day, the doctor calls Roger's wife. "Ruth," he says, "Roger is doing fine! But I had to call you because I'm in awe of his relationship with God. Is it true that he gets up during the night and poof.... the light goes on in the bathroom, and when he's done, poof....the light goes off?" "Oh my God!" Ruth exclaims. "He's peeing in the refrigerator again!"

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reported October 6th that wages and salaries made up the smallest share of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ever. For as long as we have been keeping track, for the entire statistical history of tracking how much of the pie Joe Worker is earning, in my entire life time and beyond the workers of America have never received less compensation as a percentage of total income in the United States. But according to George W. Bush and his good ol’ boy buddies of the executive suite the American economy is robust! The economy is doing great! If you don’t believe them they have statistics to prove it. I guess it is all true because the same report claims that the percentage of income going to corporate profit is at the highest level in 56 years. Yep, that is a government that is looking out for me. I should thank them for providing all the wonderful opportunities that they have. If only I will sell my soul to ambition, back stabbing and workoholism I too can partake royally of the Bush Economy.

What this tells me is that the rank and file Republicans of this world are a bunch of sheep who just keep lining up for the slaughter. I have to laugh at the ignorance of any American who earns less than a half a million bucks a year and supports Bush’s economic policies. Of course with the track record of George W on worker safety, the environment, education, national security, civil rights and international relations I can not imagine that there is anybody with the slightest amount of real intellect who would still believe George W has been good for America. Really, if you still support the little big oil man from Texas you have a serious character flaw and I guess I might feel safer if you were put away somewhere.

Did you hear that with the $310,000,000,000 we have spent on the war in Iraq so far we could have provided 16 million four year full ride scholarships to Americans wanting an education? Let me think, what will we have to show for our investment in Iraq? Um, nothing. Which may have been a better investment in the future of America? Gee Dubya is finally talking about changing his strategy in Iraq and to be honest, I think I thought he had more integrity when he was squealing his “stay the course” crap. I had no respect for that policy and hope beyond all hope that he will change course but the fact that he is only now, in light of the very real possibility that his party will lose control of maybe both the House and the Senate, finding it politically advantageous to consider the merits of his strategy. The bull crap he and his henchmen spewed upon us liberal cut and runners only to now entertain the idea that we were right seems all too whorish to me. The GOP will do anything and everything to retain power and that scares the living bejesus out of me.

Bush, Cheney and Rummy are pissing in the refrigerator and a huge voting block of the Christian right believe it is because they are at peace with God. Heaven help us! Only 13 days left until Election Day. Make plans now to vote. Tell em, the Red Hog sent ya!


Catch all of his work at Red Hog Diary!

Peace y'all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails