Saturday

Petroleum Bonaparte

Saturday Sonata IV, with LT.

Oh dang, I was working yesterday and forgot to do my post. So sorry, gang. I am unfortunately at work also today - I'll probably be in some kind of deadline hell all year - so I'm putting up a post that I did some months back at my place. Sorry again for being late.

March 16, 2008: Got a great treat last Sunday when legendary Seattle singer/songwriter Jim Page showed up and did an extended set at the Open Mike I run at a great little dive here in small town, Oregon. I first saw Page either here or in Portland some twenty years ago. If you haven't heard of him, do yourself a favor.

Here's a video of him playing a song at the Northwest Folklife Festival in Seattle last year, a song he also played at the Open Mike, and which got the room roaring. In the video he's with Artis the Spoonman, another Northwest legend, who I saw on the street several times in the '80s.

It's a very modern anti-war song, and it's called Petroleum Bonaparte.



Jim's latest album is Folk Punch. It's a perfect day for a listen.

Peace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails